Access II Intermediate
Expand on your Microsoft Access skills by learning how to build queries, aggregate data using basic functions, rename fields, and create macros.
Instructor: P. McFadden
Computer Lab, Room 311
Required Skills: The ability to read and comprehend English well, and the skills acquired in PC Basics, Word I Basics, Word II Intermediate, Excel I Basics, Excel II Intermediate, Excel III Advanced and Access I Basics. Familiarity with the keyboard is also required.
You will learn to:
- Import Data Methods by~
- Importing data into a new table
- Appending data to an existing table
- Creating a linked data table
- Saving import steps
- Perform Simple Queries by~
- Identifying different query types (Select, Make Table, Append, Update, Crosstab, Delete)
- Naming and saving queries
- Sorting query results
- Adding constraints (AND, OR, >, <, BETWEEN, Like)
- Perform Advanced Queries by ~
- Aggregating data using basic functions (sum, count, average)
- Creating custom calculations
- Looking behind the scenes at the SQL
Please bring your own flash drive to save class documents or send them to your email account.