Anacostia Interim Library Closing
Published on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 3:13pm
New Library Opens April 26
The Anacostia Neighborhood Interim Library, located at 1801 Good Hope Road, S.E. will close Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 5:30 pm. Library services will resume on Monday, April 26, 2010 at the new Anacostia Neighborhood Library, located at 1800 Good Hope Road, S.E.
The new two-story library will be 22,000 square feet and feature:
- Capacity for 80,000 books, DVDs, CDs and other library materials
- Separate reading areas for adults, teens and children
- 32 public access computers, free Wi-Fi Internet access and a mobile laptop cart with 20 computers
- Comfortable seating for 200 customers
- A large program room for up to 100 people and two 14-person conference rooms
- Parking for 14 vehicles
- Five quiet study rooms for one to two people
- Vending area
During the transition to the new location, library users can return or renew books checked out at any other DC Public Library location or online at dclibrary.org. The library closest to the Anacostia Neighborhood Library is the Francis A. Gregory Neighborhood Library at 3660 Alabama Ave. S.E.