Renovated Takoma Park Library
Opened March 2009
The Takoma Park Neighborhood Library received an extensive makeover in 2009.
The project included:
- Preservation and restoration of original interior finishes
- Installation of historically appropriate lighting
- New furniture
- New cork floors
- Elevator improvements
- Electrical and fire alarm upgrades
- Restoration of doors, windows and trim
- Installation of historically appropriate exterior lighting
- Masonry cleaning and re-pointing
- Extensive landscape improvements
Originally slated to take six months, the project was completed a full month ahead of schedule.