Read ‘em, Cowboy
Published on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 8:41am
The Spur Awards are given annually for distinguished writing about the American West. Today, Spurs are offered for the best western novel (short novel), best novel of the west (long novel), best original paperback novel, best short story, best short nonfiction. Also, best contemporary nonfiction, best biography, best history, best juvenile fiction and nonfiction, best TV or motion picture drama, best TV or motion picture documentary, and best first novel.
These award winners are available at the D.C. Public Library:
- Best Western Short Novel 2009: Another Man’s Moccasins by Craig Johnson
- Best Western Long Novel 2009: Shavetail by Thomas Cobb
- Best Western Short Novel 2008: Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas
- Best Western Long Novel 2008: The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle
- Best Western Long Novel 2007: The Night Journal by Elizabeth Crook
- Best Western Short Novel 2007: The Shape Shifter by Tony Hillerman
- Best Western Long Novel 2006: High Country: A Novel by Willard Wyman
- Best Western Short Novel 2006: (Tie) Camp Ford: A Western Story by Johnny D. Boggs
- Best Western Short Novel 2006: (Tie) The Undertaker’s Wife by Loren D. Estleman
Find these titles in the library catalog. Place a hold to have a book delivered to the library nearest you.
For more Spur winners, visit the Western Writers of America Website.