Read National Book Award Winners in Nonfiction
Published on Sunday, September 6, 2009 - 4:58pm
The National Book Award, given since 1950, honors the year’s best work in fiction, nonfiction and poetry. Read past nonfiction winners:
- The Hemingses of Monticello: An American Family by Annette Gordon-Reed (2008)
- Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA (Doubleday) by Tim Weiner (2007)
- The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl by Timothy Egan (2006)
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion (2005)
- Arc of Justice: A Saga of Race, Civil Rights, and Murder in the Jazz Age by Kevin Boyle (2004)
- Waiting for Snow in Havana: Confessions of a Cuban Boy by Carlos Eire (2003)
- Master of the Senate: The Years of Lyndon Johnson by Robert A. Caro (2002)
- The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression by Andrew Solomon (2001)
- In the Heart of the Sea: The Tragedy of the Whaleship Essex by Nathaniel Philbrick (2000)
Find these titles in the library catalog. Place a hold to have a book delivered to the library nearest you.
Find out more and view book nominees at the National Book Award Website.