Job Searching on Monster.com
Published on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 9:15pm
Learn to use one of the most popular search engines to identify potential jobs and to post your résumé and cover letter for potential employers to consider. Also, learn how to apply to job postings, using one of three methods, and how to keep track of your application process in order to keep your job search organized.
In order to actively participate, customers must be able to do the following:
- Bring a prepared résumé and cover letter that are created in MS Word and saved on portable media, preferably a flash drive.
- Bring a list of job titles and/or subject areas for the Job Search and application processes.
- Open and save résumé and cover letter to the desktop.
- Navigate an e-mail environment and generate e-mail messages.
- Navigate and complete online forms.
- Create folders in the Windows environment.
- Read and comprehend English well.
Customers who satisfy the above criteria may attend the workshop on a walk-in basis. Please be on time, as covered material will not be repeated because of the volume of material to be presented.
You will be able to do the following:
- Navigate the features and menus of Monster.com job search engine.
- Upload résumé and cover letter to Monster.com. Review demo of three types of application responses to a job posting.
- Conduct and save job searches.
- Apply to job postings, using one of three featured application processes on Monster.com.
- Generate a tracking system by creating folders to host employer contact info and follow-up communications.
NOTE: Please bring your own flash drive to save class documents, or send them to your e-mail account.
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Time: 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.