Meet the Staff at Watha T.
Published on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - 8:42pm
The Watha T. Daniel branch of the District of Columbia Public Library system is not your typical library. Very rarely do we enjoy pockets of "silence." There are activities all over the small, one-floor, interim building. Five-feet-tall bookshelves section off “different” areas -- children’s, young adult, and adult.
More than 50 toddlers, two- and three-year-olds flock to enjoy and participate in the Spanish Mother Goose on the Loose program with our lively Jamilla Coleman.
- Makers - a program to reinvigorate interest in engineering and design through interactive use of a 3-D printer and 3-D modeling software.
- Digital Scrapbook - to provide a visual, interactive resource on Shaw neighborhood history.
- Glee Club /Garage Band- To learn how to write, play, and record popular music.
- Art Space project -- to expose members of the public to analysis and appreciation of various forms of art, painting & sculpture, to introduce people of all ages to art from different eras and cultural backgrounds, to introduce methods of art creation & engage the audience in a critical
discussion of art.
- Bollywood Dance Aerobics -- Additional staff will join this creative band.
So stay tuned as we profile each staff member of this library here in the coming months: Lorraine Boyd, Casey Danielson, Jamilla Colemen, Towanda Gravitt, Nicholas Hirch, Eric Riley, Jayanthi Sambasivan, Paul Sweeney.