Meet the Author: Christie Garton
Published on Friday, July 9, 2010 - 12:00pm
Teens, are you both nervous and excited about going off to college and leaving your familiar home behind? Want to make sure you make a good impression on your hall mates and take advantage of all the great opportunities you'll come across on campus?
We've got your back! Christie Garton, author of U Chic: The College Girl's Guide to Everything will be speaking about her book at the Georgetown Interim Library on Thursday, July 22, at 4:30 p.m. For U Chic, Garton interviewed current college students and recent grads to find out current tips on such topics as:
- Getting Started: First week advice and tuning out the homesick blues
- Sharing Space: A fashionista's tips for fitting it all in
- Healthy and Happy: Common campus ailments, staying fit on dorm food and Sex Ed 101
- Sorority Chic: The ins and outs of going Greek
- Love Life: Love vs. hookups and surviving long-distance relationships
- Head of the Class: Picking the right major, getting ready for finals and studying tips and tricks
You can ask her all the questions you've always wondered about life in the dorms or publishing a book as a young woman. And be sure to check out a copy of her book!