Adult Literacy Resource Center
DC Public Library offers adult literacy services through the Adult Literacy Resource Center, at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, Room 300.
Monday and Tuesday: 12 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Wednesday - Saturday: 9:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
The GED Test will be changing in 2014. If you still need to take the test, now is the time to prepare.
If you think you have good skills in reading, writing and math and think you are ready to take the test, you can take the GED Practice Test, which you have to take and pass to register for the actual GED exam in D.C. For information on the days and times we offer the GED Practice Test, click here.
If you think you need to improve your reading, writing and math skills for the GED test, you can call our Literacy Helpline at 202-727-2431 for information about organizations that offer classes. You can also use our directory to find classes as well. Click here for our directory which lists GED and literacy classes.
- Find GED Classes, Basic Reading Classes, Tutors for Reading or English Classes
- Study Online
- Find Out What is on the GED Exam
- Take the GED Practice Test
- Speak English
- Schedule a Library Orientation
- Reserve Tutoring Space
- Discuss Books
- View/Download "A Feel for Books, Book Discussions for Adult Developing Readers: A Resource Manual"
- Get a Proctor
- Attend Teacher Training Workshops
Internet-delivered basic reading, math, workforce readiness and "employability" skills for adult learners.