Adult Literacy Resource Center
DC Public Library offers adult literacy services through the Adult Literacy Resource Center, at the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library, Room 300.
Monday-Thursday: 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
If you think you need to improve your reading, writing and math skills for the GED test, you can call our Literacy Helpline at 202-727-2431 for information about organizations that offer classes. You can also use our directory to find classes as well. Click here for our directory which lists GED and literacy classes.
- Find GED Classes, Basic Reading Classes, Tutors for Reading or English Classes
- GED and High School Skills Tutoring
- Study Online
- Speak English
- Schedule a Library Orientation
- Reserve Tutoring Space
- Discuss Books
- View/Download "A Feel for Books, Book Discussions for Adult Developing Readers: A Resource Manual"
- Attend Teacher Training Workshops
- DCPL's Online Resources for Teachers