Fightin' Words
A mixed martial arts blog about UFC, Strikeforce and other MMA promotions and fighters
posts Next postGian Villante wins third straight Strikeforce bout
Rampage Jackson signs with Bellator and TNA
Photo credit: Bellator MMA | Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has signed to fight for Bellator MMA and TNA Wrestling.
Former Pride and UFC champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has signed a multi-year deal with Bellator MMA, TNA Wrestling and Spike TV, the companies announced Tuesday.
Rampage has always been an outspoken individual, evidenced by his interviews and his time as a coach on "The Ultimate Fighter" opposite rival Rashad Evans.
As part of his deal, Rampage (32-11) will be returning to the reality TV world with his own series leading up to his debut for Bellator. No other details were announced about his show, but there is a conference call with the media scheduled for Wednesday.
“Rampage is a true superstar both inside and outside the MMA cage” Bellator CEO and chairman Bjorn Rebney said in a statement. “The partnership that we’ve created with Quinton is unlike anything that’s ever been done in the sports and entertainment arena and Rampage is the perfect athlete/entertainer to carry it off."
Rampage's deal also includes TNA Wrestling, but the extent of what that means is unclear. "King" Mo Lawal, who has had his share of verbal sparring with Rampage, signed a similar deal last year with Bellator and TNA.
“We are thrilled to create this opportunity for one of the greatest athletes and personalities in MMA,” Spike TV president Kevin Kay said. “Rampage is a proven ratings driver who brings incredible star power to both Bellator and TNA.”
Tags: quinton "rampage" jackson , bellator , tna , king mo lawal , bjorn rebney , spike
