Teen Book Review Contest
What You Need to Know
- The 2015 Teen Book Review Contest is open to DC Public Library customers ages 13-19.
- The contest runs from May 30 – Aug. 15, 2015.
- Submissions should be 1-3 paragraphs long, with a maximum of 350 words.
- To enter complete this online form.
- One entry per participant, please. If more than one entry is received, only the first submission will be considered.
Spelling and grammar count!
- The top four reviewers will win iPad minis!
- Winners will have their reviews published on the DC Public Library website.
- All entrants receive the Winning Wordsmith badge towards completion of Teen Summer Reading 2015.
Things to Remember
- Pick a book that you feel strongly about.
- Summarize the book in one to three sentences. Then, convince other teens to read this book!
- If you need help feel free to ask a library staff member or attend a book review workshop at the library.
- Some ideas to consider are:
- What did you like about this book?
- Did this book teach you an important lesson?
- Could you relate to the characters in some way?